The information we gather
At various times you may give your personal data to us. At certain times, members and users may be required to provide their full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and, in the case of a member's listing, a method of payment. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site or when creating a listing for a property. We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how cookies or web beacons operate in the relevant section of this Policy below. We also can collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Site, homes you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook® account) we may obtain information that way too. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the Site, or from third parties. Third party information may include credit information which we use to prevent and detect fraud, information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third party such as a social media site where you have asked us to share your data with them.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you request and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
For the services or support you request;
- To contact you from time to time with user or service updates;
- To send other messages that help us provide our services on the Site;
- To customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- To promote services related to the Site or those of our affiliates;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity we determine to be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful
We also may use demographic information to tailor the Site and we share that information with third parties so that they can build up a better picture of our customer base and general consumer trends.
If you are a member, we will also be able to contact you about your account and your use of our services. How We May Disclose Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights.
We may also share your personal data with:
- One of our partners or affiliates if you've requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
- A third party performing services on our behalf;
- Other companies or business entities, for example if we are thinking of a merger with or sale to that company or business entity;
- Other companies we work with to feature all or part of our members‟ property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to our business. This might include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites; and
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account.
You may have accessed our Site through a hyperlink from the website of one of our partners. If you accessed the Site through a hyperlink, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
Users may send inquiries to members via clickable links on the listings on the Site. If you choose to send an inquiry through these links, your personal information and any additional information you supply will be visible to the member in question so that they might reply directly to you. Your details may also be sent to us and we have access to those communications even if you contact the member directly. Additionally those messages may be hosted on, be processed by or transmitted through our servers. Inquiries can be sent to the individual member you selected and to our system. The resulting inquiry is available for review by the member to whom it was initially addressed and to our customer service employees.
How We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no-one else uses the Site while your machine is "logged on" to the Site service (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection your are using);
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network;
- To maintain good internet security. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts have been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us about any potential compromise so that we can help you keep your account secure. If you have asked us to share data with third party sites (a site not operated by Spark Title), we cannot guarantee that their servers will be secure. Credit card information is generally stored by our credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure.
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not always secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a "phisher" or "spoofer." We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at email@example.com if you get an email like this.
How to correct or update information
You can ask to see, update or amend any information we hold on you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us at email@example.com;
- Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter;
- Use the Unsubscribe function; or
- Mail the request to us at 9050 N Capital of Texas Hwy, Building 3, Ste 255, Austin, Texas 78759.
How long we keep your personal data